Monday, May 28, 2007

I am well alive and kicking.

HELLO (:

Oh dear, it's currently 28th May already, the local university acceptance period ends on 4th June and I haven't submitted my choice of university. But that is because I haven't decided for sure which university I really want. I only know I don't want NTU, not because it's no good of course, but simply because it doesn't attract me. Initially, I really wanted NUS, then I swinged to SMU, then I thought I wanted NUS again. Two Saturdays ago, I attended the SMU Accountancy talk and was pretty convinced by them. For the week after that, there was an 80% chance that I would choose SMU. Then just last Saturday, I attended the NUS Business School lunch reception / welcome tea. Because the Head of Accountancy was seated beside me during lunch, I managed to clear all my doubts and after that, there was a 50% chance that I would choose either school. I'll let you know my final decision the next time I blog.. whenever that is. But likely that it will be after 4th June so I'll have an answer by then.

That aside, I must tell you about the NUS Business School Lunch. First, they served coke / sprite, then there was salmon as appetiser, then there was soup, then the main course of a choice of fish or beef, then there was simple dessert of cut strawberries with jelly (but I liked it (: ), followed by a choice of coffee or tea. WOW. And just when I was done eating, and had already grown to the size of a baby balloon, they cheerily announced, "Please proceed downstairs for the Welcome Tea!" I just stared at Tina, we both couldn't understand why anyone would put a lunch and tea session back-to-back. We didn't eat at the Welcome Tea though, our tummies couldn't stomach any more food, so we just walked around and took pictures. (:

I finally watched Spiderman 3 last Monday, caught it with Val. I thought it was pretty good, enjoyed it, maybe cause I hadn't caught a movie in months before that. Next up, I want to catch Pirates of the Carribean and Shrek 3!

I've been so drained from work, especially since I moved over to Marketing permanently. But it's OK. I don't mind, I actually like having work to do, having deadlines to meet, at least I feel like my contribution counts. (As I told Jonathan, I will resolve try my best not to complain about having loads of work, because I used to complain about not having enough work.) Being in Marketing allowed me to learn a lot, like liaising with merchants, dealing with cardmembers, etc.

Which brings me to this: I worked last Saturday night. But it wasn't anything boring, it was a RAOUL Fashion Party at the Ballroom of Amara Sanctuary Resort! Because I was at NUS and Luke lives around there, he cabbed to NUS (like an hour after I called, cause he was sleeping when I called, very good. Hahahaha.) and we headed to Sentosa. Which was good, because in a place like NUS, it isn't that easy to get cabs. And in the end, we reached the place at 6pm for a briefing that never took place, and the event was only to start at 8.30pm, so I talked to my (self-proclaimed) caustic colleague for about two hours and we went without dinner. -.- Made friends with this pretty girl from RAOUL called Christina, have a picture with her but it's in her camera. (: And some local celebrities attended the event, haha. There was free flow of champagne, and my colleagues kept trying to make me drink hahaha. What influence. Royston sent me home after that, because May and Luke insisted. Felt pretty bad because it wasn't really on his way home. :\ Have a picture with Julian, one with Luke, and one with Ruth, Gian and Julian but they're in Ruth's camera. Haiyahh. ):

Yup, being in Marketing presents me with such opportunities, which is quite cool, really. I probably wouldn't attend such events if I weren't here. From next week onwards, I might be moving back to Fraud. Mixed feelings about it, actually. I like both deparments. Initially, Luke told me that I'd be resuming the morning-at-Fraud-afternoon-at-Marketing arrangement as per previously, but Farah said I'll be at Fraud full-time. I prefer the former, actually, because both sides have different types of work, and that makes it interesting. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. Either way, I guess I'll get used to it eventually and it'll all turn out fine. (:

I went shopping with Genevis after work on Friday, and boy, that girl is Bad Influence. I spent 68 BUCKS OMG. OK, everyone I've told so far have just looked at me and said, "That's OK what." -.- I think it's the most I've ever spent on shopping while out with friends! Shopping only la, I'm sure I've spent more on food + movies + popcorn + etc in a day before. Bought a black, short-sleeved collared shirt and a black, long-sleeved pullover-type of top, both from Zara, and a necklace from Diva. And although it was the first day of the Great Singapore Sale, none of the items were on sale. How ironic, haha! Felt pretty guilty though!

Had dinner with Vonn, Junqi, Val and Tong at Fish & Co. at the Glass House on Sunday night. Finally got to see my lovelies! ZIYU YOU ARE MIA. We're currently planning on a trip to Genting! Which, I hope, will materialise, though I think it's a little difficult.

Val and Adeline are ending their jobs this Wednesday. On the other hand, my colleagues are asking me to extend my contract to mid-July. Hahaha doubt I will though, otherwise I wouldn't be back from Taiwan in time for Matriculation Day. IF I go to SMU, that is. :D

I was really tired this morning, partly due to the fact that I didn't get much rest during the weekend. I told myself I'd sleep early tonight, but I see it's already 1:20am, which leaves me with approximately five-and-a-half hours of sleep. I should go, goodnight!

Regards,
Daphne
(This is the result of too much work, haha!)


* the recent

   My Dream.

   My Birthday Surprise

   A levels results

   i need my luck back!

   hooray, it's FRIDAY!

   chillaxing at our qool hippening sleepover

   i've been busy (and lazy) (:

   new photos!

   let's do a happy dance!

   post-prelims


* the past

   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   December 2007   August 2008


* the person

   daphne

   22march

   nineteen

   singapore


* the life

   smu
     - accountancy

   tjc
     - scg0605

   rjc
     - 1so2b
     - moyr'xis

   rgs
     - 205'02
     - 404'04
     - squash
     - hadley cheerleading

   chij-olgc